|Grade VII Clinician|
|Up to 28|
|$29.21 - $33.98 per hour|
An employee in this classification is required to perform some or all of the following duties, however these do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform: conducts assessments and makes diagnostic evaluation; provide treatment services delineated within the Individual Plan of Service; participates in the Person Centered Planning process and follows through with plan; provides individual and/or group therapy and crisis intervention as needed; provides education on issues of mental health to persons served/families/support system, and other staff; may provide direct case management services to persons served (coordination, linking and monitoring of services) and coordinates activities with other agencies and assists utilization of these resources by persons served; maintains regular required documentation; comply with Transportation Policy (09-002-0010), Alcohol & Drug Testing Policy (06-001-0010) and Background Check Policy (06-001-0015), as well as supervisors/designee directives; maintain confidentiality.
St. Clair County Community Mental Health embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery with an integrated person-centered approach to treatment services that is trauma informed and culturally competent. An employee in this or any position is expected to support this environment.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position. This position receives supervision from program supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Licensed or Limited Licensed Master Social Worker or ability to become licensed within 30 days of hire
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to utilize DSM V for diagnostic process
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health treatment procedures applicable to public mental health populations
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and best practices within practice area
- At least one (1) year experience with behavioral health recipients
- Demonstrated ability working with Microsoft Office applications and Windows 10 programs
- Must have access to transportation
- Must qualify as QMHP, QIDP, or QCMHP, according to program assignment
- If using agency vehicles, must pass random drug and alcohol screening
Applicants chosen for interview will be evaluated on qualifications related to:
- Ability to exercise discretion and some flexibility in selecting an optimal solution from established alternatives to obtain the desired outcome
- Ability to exercise ingenuity to adapt, alter or improvise established alternatives.
- Ability to use or exert influence in a work process
- Ability to be a “work leader” (of a person or function), or advise others
- Ability to provide, exchange, or explain information which conveys an opinion or evaluation of the facts or analyses
- Ability to deal with minor conflicts tactfully
- At least three (3) years’ experience in area of expertise
- Demonstration of proficiency and experience working on an electronic health record system
- Lived experience with behavioral health issues
Personal demands refer to the physical demands, such as awkward positions, heavy lifting, etc., and the mental demands, such as concentration, attention, perception, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee would expect light, regular physical demand, such as frequent standing or walking; close attention, such as observation of gauges, timers, etc. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work environment refers to the elements of work surroundings which tend to be disagreeable or to make the work more difficult. These include, but are not limited to: dust, oil, fumes, water, heat, cold, vibrations, noise, dirt, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee would expect comfortable conditions; occasional noise; limited exposure to disagreeable work elements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a criminal background check, reference checks, Recipient Rights check, DHHS Central Registry check (for direct-care candidates), and a five (5) panel drug screen. Potential candidates will be sent to Industrial Health Service for the drug screen at their own expense ($28). The candidate will be reimbursed the cost of the drug screen upon the Agency’s receipt of negative test results.
This position is represented by AFSCME Chapter 10, Local 3385. Internal candidates are given first consideration.